Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mental Slave Emancipator Volume #2

That Show. You know the show. The one Bill Cosby redid..Kids Say the Darnedest Things. Well, Educators need one called Parents Say the Dumbest Sh*** and Need to Shut Up Talking To Me.

Picture it... Harlem... 2009 (RIP Sophia and Dorothy), a student shamefully disrespects my learning space [see Emancipator #1 Friday Fiasco). So, as retribution part one, I stripped her and her co-conspirators of all worldly belongings from cell phones to book bags. No one was leaving the building without going thru me!! Part of their sentence was to spend all of the minutes they missed that morning with me after school. One young lady didn't take her phone.

Her father called, her mother called, they called Friday, they called Saturday, they called in the morn, they called in the eve. Each time to the same response...my voicemail! Such dedicated parents (after all a cellphone for 14 year old 7Th grader is of grave importance), they found themselves in front of the school Saturday afternoon, again calling me! My apologies for just WORKING and NOT LIVING there...Apparently she "really needs her phone for this weekend" says the father. Ummm..she really needs to be in the 8th grade, she really needs to read because her September diagnostic lists her reading at 4th grade level. When I informed you of these things you weren't hunting me down for a tutor! As for the mom, I didn't even know she was alive! ( But I got your number now! hehe!)

Now Monday, I am not usually one to hold grudges, the punishment ensued. They were each sent to a lower grade class to tutor a child during the 7th grade recess. ( I felt they weren't socially ready for the outside world yet, bad decision makers). Cellphone gal copped major 'tude. Once again, daddy was called. She complained about her punishment and the fact that I had her phone and TOLD me that her daddy said "I better give her the phone today." See, now she gotta get it! Had me get all Sabrina (hi Mommy!!) on her!! Pointer finger up, check, body close enough to instill fear but not molestation, check, teeth clenched, check...let the bad gyal games begin! I told her I have a daddy and HE won't tell me what I better do so she can let the masses know her daddy ain't saying anything to me!! Now, he can ASK me, but that's how that goes. I also informed her and this infamous daddy that I'm not giving her JACK and he can inconvenience himself and come GET the phone because clearly she has lost her mind and I would hate for her to lose the phone.

He arrived at day's end and we spoke. He basically informed me the parents were talking about me that weekend and were severely upset about the phone. Those ill thoughts from her parents must have transferred into cockiness from the idea of her parents coming to curse me out. That plan didn't go over well....

At the end, her dad asked me not to punish her. He said he would "prefer that he or her mother take care of punishment themselves." What??!!?? That's a nice idea, but for 7 hours a day, everyday, she is in MY HOUSE and her attitude and actions are NOT okay. She will be handled accordingly. If you do not like my punishments, I am open to suggestions. Keep in mind her actions and the repercussions affect 30 other watchful eyes.
I haven't heard a suggestion yet, but I have heard that a young lady in the 3RD grade needs help reading...
I'm on it.......

1 comment:

  1. this is outrageous. i over heard some of this convo and the subsequent convo with APbriggs during my prep. outrageous. and infuriating. that parent should be fired.

    and don't you remember just a few months ago when he ate up all our prep and lunch times with his "reconstruction" plans for that daughter of his.

    makes me sick.

    ReplyDelete